Hi Friends, I am Amita Singh, passionate about food and cuisines. As it is said here that the way to every human heart is through the stomach, so i believe that good food can fix anyone’s mood. So my main mission is to facilitate recipes. My main mission is to share good food recipes to all of you, whether it is authentic home style food or market like street food. You should not miss it and now you can easily make it at home after watching my recipes.
- Half kg fresh matar/green peas
- 100 gm fresh dhaniya patte/coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 hari mirchi/green chilli
- 1 inch Adrak/ginger chopped pistachios/pista
- 7-10 lahsun kali/gralic cloves
- 1/2 tsp Hing/Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Haldi/turmeric powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 4-5 tbsp sarson ka tel/mustard oil
- 2 kachhe Aloo/potatoes
- 2 Tamatar/tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds and 2 whole red chilli for tadka
- Namak/salt as per taste
Step By Step Photos
1. Clean and wash all the veggies 1/2 kg matar/green peas, potatoes, tomato, fresh coriander leaves, green chilli, garlic cloves and ginger.
2. Make a smooth paste of coriander leaves, green chilli, garlic cloves, ginger with the help of little water. Coarsely grind green peas as well.
3. Semi fry potatoes and dal badi in mustard oil.
4. Add 2 whole dry red chilli and half tsp jeera tadka then cook grean peas paste as well on a medium low flame for at least 15 minutes until aromatic.
5. Cook green masala paste along with half tsp turmeric/haldi and garam masala powder. After that add tomatoes and cook for another five minutes until soft in texture.
6. Add every thing into masala paste, add water as you like in the gravy, adjust salt as per taste and cook on low flame for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Preparation Time15 mins
Cooking Time30 Min.
Total Time45 minutes
Calories118 per serving
- Cooking matar or green peas properly on low flame is the key of a delicious nimona.
- Nimona really goes well with roti and rice.
- It's a tradinal winter dish of Uttar Pradesh North India.
- It's Indian version of green peas soup recipe.