Hello friends, I am Amita Singh, a food enthusiast and in this video i have shown how to make sambar at home and my this south Indian recipe is very quick easy and healthy lentil stew type of dish. You can enjoy this sambhar with idli dosa vada upma uttapam idiyappam. This is perfect for breakfast or meal. Enjoy this south indian sambhar recipe.
1 cup fresh matar/green peas
1 cup poha/flattened rice
2 to 3 hari mirchi/green chilli
1 inch Adrak/ginger chopped pistachios/pista
7-10 lahsun kali/gralic cloves
1/4 tsp Hing/Asafoetida
1/2 tsp chini/sugar
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cooking oil
2 tbsp doodh/milk
Fresh dhaniya patte/coriander leaves
1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
Namak/salt as per taste
Half lemon juice/Nimbu ka ras
2 tbsp kaju/cashews
1 tej patta/Indian bay leaf
1 tsp ghee/clarified butter
Step by Step Prepration
1. Wash Chura with clean water.
2. Add 2 tbsp milk and Soak it for 5 minutes.
3. In a pan or kadai add cooking oil, then add tej patta, jeera and hing.
4. Add kaju/cashews and roast until golden.
5. Add chopped adrak/ginger.
6. Add green chilli/ Mirchi.
7. Add green peas/hari matar.
8. Add 2 tbsp water and cook for 2-4 minutes.
9. Add 1/2 tsp sugar and 1/4 tsp garam masala.
10. Add soaked poha/flattened rice.
11. Add salt as per taste.
12. Cover and cook for another 7 to 10 minutes on low flame.
13. Add 1 tsp ghee, half lemon juice and lots of fresh coriander leaves.
14. Serve hot with tea or coffee. It’s ready to eat.
Q.1 ) Chura Matar dish is originated from which place ?
Banaras, Uttar Pradesh, it’s a traditional winter breakfast of UP. But now a days very popular in Bihar state as well.
Q.2 ) Can we make it with onion and garlic?
You can, but traditionally it is made without onion and garlic.
RightsSelection of chura is very imporatant for making perfect chura matar, always choose bit thin type and made with “newly harvested rice or Naya Chawal” .
It’s a light and healthy option for breakfast.
It’s a tradinal winter dish of Uttar Pradesh North India.
In texture it is quite similar to Poha but very different in taste, so chura matar is not a poha dish.